Article 1. Categories of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. The Company may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Identifiers, such as your name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, account name, or other similar identifiers
- Contact information, such as home or other physical address, telephone number, or email address
- Financial information, such as bank account number, credit card number, or debit card number
- Demographic information, which may include protected characteristics under U.S. state or Federal law, such as age and gender
- Commercial information, including records of products or services that you purchased, obtained, or considered
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as information about your interactions with our application
- Professional or employment-related information, such as the name of your employer and business contact information
- Inferences drawn from any of the categories of information above
The Company may also collect and process deidentified data for any purpose. Deidentified data will be maintained and used in deidentified form, and the Company will not attempt to re-identify any deidentified data.
Article 2. How We Collect Personal Information
The Company may collect your Personal Information from the categories of sources described in this section.
We collect information from you directly. This includes Personal Information that you provide to us when you:
- Use the Services, for example, if you make a purchase, create an account, register a product, or seek customer service
- Interact with us online, for example, if you contact us on social media
- Communicate with us, for example, when you provide information on our website, fill out a survey, make an inquiry, or otherwise communicate with us
- Interact with us in a professional capacity, such as if you are employed by one of our vendors or business partners
- When you visit our website, for example device information, such as IP address, software and hardware attributes, and device ID; and usage information, such as referring and exit URLs, the pages you visit on our website, and the time and date of your visits
- When you use the nwmConnect mobile application we collect information about the device on which the application is installed, such as language code, country or region, time zone, and tokens issued by the Apple Push Notification service (if the device is iOS-enabled) or Firebase Cloud Messaging (if the device is Android- or iOS-enabled)
- When you use one of our products, for example, if you use the nwmConnect mobile application with one of our headphone products, we will collect information about the product, including device type and ID, operational status and configuration information, dates of connection, and serial number of device
The Services do not respond to “do not track” signals sent by Internet browsers.
We obtain information from others. This includes:
- Information from data brokers or marketing and advertising providers
- Information from business partners, such as if we jointly offer a Service or if you are a business contact
Article 3.Purposes for Collecting and Processing Personal Information
The Company collects and processes Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services, including creating and servicing accounts, verifying your identity, processing transactions, maintaining information about your registered devices, and providing customer service
- To respond to your inquiries and send you information, including technical notices, updates, alerts, or other messages related to your use of the Services
- To notify you of new features, updates, or promotions related to Services you use or express interest in
- To conduct marketing and analytics to improve our Services based on browsing history, cookie information, and information about personal interests and preferences
- To maintain and improve the Services, including debugging to identify and repair errors, and ensure the security and integrity of the Services
- To operate our business, such as to conduct audits or in the course of receiving services from our vendors or business partners
- For other purposes incidental to the above purposes for processing
- For any new or additional purpose for which you are notified and, if applicable provide consent
Article 4.Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company may disclose your Personal Information to the following categories of third parties for the purposes described in Article 3:
- Service providers, vendors, and business partners. We may disclose Personal Information with third parties who provide services to us, such as payment processors, marketing vendors, and IT providers
- Affiliates. We may disclose Personal Information to members of our corporate family
- Corporate restructuring. We may disclose Personal Information to third parties in connection with a business transaction, such as a merger, sale of all or part of our assets, or other restructuring
- Other third parties. We may disclose Personal Information to third parties such as law enforcement, courts, or regulators for legal purposes
- Third parties as directed by you. We may share your Personal Information with third parties with your consent
The table below describes the categories of Personal Information that we collected and the categories of third parties to which, in the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed Personal Information:
We do not knowingly sell or share Personal Information, including Personal Information about individuals under 16 years of age.
Article 5. Retention of Personal Information
The Company will retain Personal Information that it collects for the duration of our relationship with you and as long as necessary for the purposes described in Article 3, or as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
Notwithstanding the above, the Company may retain Personal Information as required to respond to legal requests and requests from you or third parties.
The Company will delete or deidentify Personal Information in accordance with the Company’s information security policy once we no longer need to retain it. Deidentified data will be maintained and used in deidentified form, and the Company will not attempt to re-identify any deidentified data.
Article 6. Privacy Rights for U.S. Residents
Depending on where you reside in the U.S., you may have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- Right to access your Personal Information. You may have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of Personal Information that Company has collected about you in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format
- Right to know how your Personal Information is processed.You may have the right to confirm that we have collected your Personal Information and know what Personal Information we have collected about you, including, as applicable, the categories of Personal Information we have collected, the sources from which we collected that Personal Information, the business or commercial purposes for which we collected that Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed to third parties for business purposes and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information
- Right to request deletion of your Personal Information. You have the right to request that Company delete the Personal Information we have collected from you
- Right to correct your Personal Information. You may have the right to update inaccurate Personal Information that we process about you
- Right to be free from discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under this Article, and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your rights
If you wish to make a request, please use the contact information in Article 8. Your request should include your name, preferred contact information, and the nature of your request, including which rights you would like to exercise. We may request additional information to verify your identity, such as details about the most recent item you purchased from us.
You may also authorize an agent (“Authorized Agent”) to exercise your rights on your behalf. To do this, you must provide your Authorized Agent with written permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, and we may request a copy of this written permission from your Authorized Agent when they make a request on your behalf.
The Company may change the contents of this Policy from time to time and in its sole discretion. We will notify you of any material changes to the Policy in accordance with applicable law. Unless otherwise provided by the Company, the revised Policy shall take effect when posted on this page.
Article 8. Contact for Inquiries
For questions about this Policy, requests under provisions in Article 6, appeals of a response to a request made under Article 6, or complaints regarding the handling of Personal Information, please contact:
Address: 3-20-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 163-1432
Company name: NTT sonority, Inc.
Responsible Department: Corporate Department
Email address: email@example.com